Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hopeless Romantic...Me?

So, it is true that if anyone is ever to read this post they may find the whole, Confessions of a Hopeless Romantic title thing a little strange. I mean, this is me we are talking about. I have been on what, one date, in the three years since I have turned sixteen. And yes it is true that date was prom and I just went with a friend, but I am still counting it as the one date that I have ever been on. And it is also true that I once asked a guy out on a date, so I guess that means I have almost been on two dates. And I would have gone on that date, had the guy not been out of town...but still.

For me, despite the fact that I have been on just about no dates. I just "love love" as my roommate Bailee would say. I just love the gentleness and happiness that I see in people's eyes when they are crazy about someone. I love feeling like to that one person the other person is like oxygen. The only thing in the world that keeps them breathing. I know this all seems mushy and ridiculous coming out of my mouth, and I promise you that all of my posts will not be this way. But I felt the need to explain my blog name choice to you all. Whoever you are.

But, speaking on the subject of love, I must now say that I watched the cutest, cheesiest movie ever the other day. "Marigold". I was sick and so I was watching movies on netflix and I slept on and off throughout the day, and I saw the case for the movie and it looked interesting so I decided to watch it. For me, that is how movie picking works. I decide that the case looks cool and so I watch it.


The movie is about an american actress who is a total
self-absorbed freak, that gets stuck in India,
and falls in love with this super great Indian guy.

My favorite thing about the movie was that like in all Bollywood movies, the characters never actually kiss. All of the chemistry and emotion has to come from the looks that they give each other and for me, I feel like sometimes the looks are the perfect way to communicate love, rather than kisses that can be faked. In order for the actors to look at each other that way true chemistry has to be involved. Here is a little sneak peak...


Anyway, I have already rambled on for long enough. But I just loved this movie, and despite the cheesiness I think you should all watch it. So it's not the greatest acting in the world, but that doesn't mean it's not worth it. :)


1 comment:

  1. I feel so priviledged to be the first person to comment on your new blog. I saw it of course on Bailee's list and the title drew me over not knowing it was yours.

    The picture....Absolutely darling!
    The title....Love it.
    Can't wait to read some more. (if your okay with me reading that is)

    ReplyDelete